Friday, February 7, 2014

Liners

Since my little has recently begun solids, it was time to rethink my poop game plan. While breastmilk poo is water soluble, once you add solids to the mix, you need to rid the poo from the diapers before washing them. 

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a little lazy when it comes to diapering. And, I'd rather not splash poop in my eyes with a diaper sprayer. So, I took a little trip to Joann Fabric and scored a yard of awesome tie dye microfleece. 


Pretty, isn't it? Not that it really matters since it is essentially a poop catcher. :)

I used a large microfiber insert as my guide and cut the pre-washed microfleece into liners. I used chalk to outline. 


The yard of microfleece ended up providing me 30 reusable liners. 


I simply washed the liners before use and began lining the little's diapers with them at every change. They are super soft and work perfectly to protect the diapers from gunked on, stinky solids poo. The poo tends to roll right off the liner and straight into the toilet. As an added bonus, they can be used as a protective barrier for non-cloth diaper friendly creams. Oh, and they help baby feel dry longer!

$8 well spent! 

1 comment: