Sunday, November 24, 2013

Vacation

Hubby and I took the kids to center city Philadelphia overnight. Kinda silly to pay for a hotel room in your own city, but when there is a free room offered to you, why not make a mini vacation out of it?

This is why...

Walking around the city in the blistering cold is not exactly my idea of a good time. Well, until you find a curb side wine tasting. That street wine was so fine that we actually bought 3 bottles of it!  Nom!

We wandered around a couple children's boutiques with my stomach in knots that my kid (or husband) would break something we couldn't afford, which would be virtually any item in their stock. Then we settled on lunch at this Irish pub. The chicken panini special was delish! And, the prices were quite reasonable. I can't say for sure that it was from the food, but I did experience a nice 'clean out' back at the hotel room. For most people, that would be a negative thing.  For me, well... I appreciate a good poo anyway I can get one. 

We warmed up in our hotel room and ventured out to Macy's. Momma needs some nursing bras that hold these puppies in. Well, after trying on an E, a flippin' E!, and realizing that was the largest Macy's had to offer, I left empty handed with a traumatized 4 year old. No, not traumatized by my ever growing milk jugs (although, I am!), rather, traumatized by the Dickens Christmas village. There were real tears, people. Soon after, the kid started ugly crying and whining about how she misses her cat. 

So, we do exactly what any other set of responsible, loving parents would do... We take her to Olive Garden. She proceeds to cry into her bowl of mac and cheese about the darn cat. The cat is fine, by the way, she just was not brought on our '15 minutes from home' vacation. Oh, and our waiter was a complete fucktard. After the kid finally calmed down, he turned to her and said 'Tell Scribbles I said 'Hi!' Cue tears. Thanks, asshole.  I took my pumpkin cheesecake to go and ate it with a coffee stirrer back in our room.

Fast forward to bed time. Oh, sweet, sweet bedtime. All 4 of us climb into the 1 king size bed. The amazingly comfortable king size bed. Life is great! Except, sweet, little Ginger Ann slept all dang day. So, sleepy time is OVER! No way, no how could I get that child to sleep. We tossed and turned. We snuggled. She nursed for HOURS! And, no sleep. At least I was entertained every so often by Ginger Lou's sleep talking. It's all gibberish. Or French. Or Pig Latin. That is, until she sat straight up and shouted 'MERRY CHRISTMAS!' I nearly pissed. 

And, that's that. I've about hidden in the bathroom long enough. Merry Christmas, everyone! 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment